Sales Consultant, Life Science
The Sales Consultant, Life Science works as part of the sales team to maintain and increase sales of OMC products via customer visits, phone and email contact with existing customers and potential customers. In addition, the Sales Specialist will serve as the main point of contact for Key Accounts within their assigned area and will manage relationships with customers and procurement. The incumbent actively supports and complies with all OMC corporate and program policies and procedures.
- Achieves monthly, quarterly and annual revenue goals for the assigned territory.
- Conducts customer visits and outbound calls with existing customers to maintain the relationship and the revenue, increase awareness of the breadth of the ATCC product offering, and close additional sales by cross- and up-selling.
- Conducts customer visits with, and outbound cold calls to new contacts, both those provided by marketing activities (email, site registrations, tradeshow leads, etc.) and by the Sales Specialist’s own efforts, to expand the customer base within the assigned territory. Works with Marketing to help organize and support seminars, workshops, trainings and scientific meetings within the assigned territory.
- Responsible for working with procurement and other institutional gatekeepers within key accounts to establish and manage preferred customer status.
- Creates and maintains customer records within the CRM or other designated system to track customer contacts, buying preferences and other key data.
- Works with internal functions such as marketing, manufacturing, technical services and customer services as part of extended team to provide a seamless, high quality customer experience while growing the business.
Education and Experience:
Requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Life Sciences and 2 years of related laboratory experience, advanced degree (MS/PhD) preferred. Experience in cell culture is a plus. In addition, requires a minimum of 2 years of previous inside or field sales experience selling life science related products.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills -strong verbal phone communication, effective benefit-oriented presentation skills, and robust influencing skills with persistence to overcome objectives.
- Must have the ability to sell on benefits and quality, not just price.
- Must develop an in-depth understanding of the entire ATCC product portfolio.
- Must be a highly motivated, goal-oriented self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Must be knowledgeable in scientific specialty area and stay abreast of new applications.
- A high level of initiative to ensure that required actions are identified and action taken within oversight.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated organizational skills, and handling multiple priorities are essential.
- Must be proficient with PC desktop environment to include Microsoft Office and database applications.
- Must be willing and able to participate in travel up to 10% of time.